Monday 17 September 2007

Ulster XC Champs













Rony











This years Ulster XC champs where held outside Dromora on Whitemans Mountain Tevindarragh and also doubled up as a Round of the Ulster XC League. The course was great, I loved it! it was totally open and exposed and had plenty of climbing and technical features!



The race started bangon 12 o' clock and had a feild of about 25or 30.My mate Ronan was on the front row (In the Red nearest the camera)and I was on the second row (In Blue).


As the start whistle went we took off very fast somehow I managed to find myself in 3rd place but on the first climb the 2 guys in front of me blew so that was my cue to take over, I led the race with no majour hickups to the end from there and was quite happy when I crossed the finnish line but I couldnt help but think I could have been the Irish champ as well if I adnt of made a silly mistake!Aw well we still enjoyed the day and the course!



Micko

No comments: