Wednesday 16 April 2008

K Capita Cup Round 2 Moneyscalp

Round no 2 of Irelands K Capital Cup was held at the picturesq venue of Moneyscalp Wood, Co Down just a few miles outside of Newcastle.

I unfortunatley did not race this event as a relapse of the dreaded flu had set in to my chest making me sound like a train, so I opted for the easier option of watching the fun!

Watching the racing was good fun and quite enjoyable, Myself Terina and Marks Cous watched the Sports Race to Cheer on Ronan, Mark and Phill.

The sports race was won by a Scottish Fellow Dug Sheer by about 20mins we later found out he was actuall an Expert! Why bother in my opinion?

Mark, Ronan and Phill all pulled out due to colds and the tough nature of the track! Well its no shame in my book as anyone who has the balls to start one of these races needs a medal!

On to the main Races which where intresting to watch to say the lest! The speed at which some of the riders tackle Technical bits is astoinishing! I was so impressed with My Teammates Pauls speed, of course Robin Seymour was fast to but some other riders like Laim Mc Greevey, Willie Mulligan, Gerry Mc Cabe, Aidan McDonald, Joe Mc Call, Ryan Sherlock really impressed with their skills!

I had a really good day even though I didnt race, so that proves to me that watching a race is also good fun!

No comments: