Wednesday 16 April 2008

Mc Cann Cup RR Omagh



Last weekend I had the pleasure of taking part in the McCann Cup RR In Seskanor near Omagh.




The race was run on the popular 9.7mile Seskanor circuit and finished as usual outside the Halfway House Bar and Restaurant.




The race got underway at 1pm with the A race going first and the B race after. I took part in the A race with Lakeland team mates Dane Dunlop and Kenny Boylan. See the pic below.



Also in the race was my long time mate and top class cyclist Paul Mulligan riding this year for Omagh, and on great form looked like the favourite, so I was going to try and do what I could to see Paul win. Which as it turned out wasn't much!


On the first lap I felt fine apart from a bit of asthma which I knew would go away, the only difficulty I had in the early stages was my lack of acceleration, which got better as the race progressed!


On the second lap Paul took matters into his own hands and launched a barrage of attacks which nearly killed me! I thought Fuck hes strong! He was, as in a blink of an eye Paul had created the race winning break! Along with 5 other guys they formed a break which stayed away for the rest of the race.


Unfortunately I didn't get in the break as I was sleeping at the back as usual! Paul ended up 5th which is a great result and in my opinion had the ride of the day!


I finished around 10th or so in the main bunch which I was happy with!


My only gripe is when will some of the guys in the bunch ever fuck up and stop slobbering about wee minor things, because at the end of the day where all there to have fun! That might sound blunt but thats the way it is.


My next race is the first Round of our Club League on Wednesday night in Enniskillen, then its the final round of the K Capital Cup in Castlewellan on Sunday.


No comments: